Saturday 10 January 2015

Is it summer? - Faversham 5.49% yield!

Is it me or has summer arrived early? Driving into work this morning, in the dark and the howling winds, I glanced down at the outside temperature gauge and it was registering 10 deg. After a slow registration to my head, I concluded that this wasn’t usual for this time of the year and realised how lucky we are in this little micro climate in the South East of England. Global warming, bring it on!

Anyway, back to business and this morning we are scooting back up the A2 towards Faversham for this morning’s little gem. As ever, regular readers will know of my view regarding two bedroom properties and these being the ‘bread & butter’ of the lettings industry. If there was ever a type of property which is in demand and will remain in high demand for the foreseeable future, then it’s the two bed property.

The one that caught my eye is on the market for £175K with Geering & Colyer. From the photos and description, it all appears to be in good order and would be able to be rented with little changes. Such properties should rent out at circa £800 per month, which in turn delivers a healthy yield of 5.49%.





Should you wish to discuss any other specific properties or just a general chat re the current market, please feel free to contact me on 01227 455717 / canterbury@martinco.com or call in and see me at 23 Watling Street in Canterbury.







No comments:

Post a Comment